Built for rumors, fast-moving news, and claims that spread faster than the proof.

Latest fact-checks

Supported

Distress at the gala: Erika Kirk's emotional departure from the White House Correspondents' Dinner

Claim checked

“Erika Kirk being escorted out in tears. "I just want to go home." I'm sure for a split second, she thought her kids might lose their mother, too. I'm sure Candace Owens is rolling her eyes and saving this clip for her next episode, ready to mock her fear and send her demonic mob of desperate housewives to torment her for not being upset in the right way.”

Reports from the 2026 White House Correspondents' Dinner confirm that Erika Kirk was evacuated in tears following a shooting incident at the Washington Hilton. Eyewitness accounts and news reports verify she was heard saying, "I just want to go home," as security rushed her from the building.

Supported

Chaos at White House Correspondents' Dinner as suspect's background comes to light

Claim checked

“Everyone is overlooking the most chilling detail regarding last night’s third assassination attempt on POTUS. The shooter at the DC correspondents diner was identified as Cole Tomas Allen, 31, from California. part-time teacher/tutor. Teacher of the Month in December 2024 at C2”

Reports from multiple major news outlets confirm that a shooting incident occurred at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner on the night of April 25, 2026. The suspect has been identified as Cole Tomas Allen, a 31-year-old resident of Torrance, California. According to law enforcement and public records: Identity: Cole Tomas Allen, 31, was apprehended at the scene...

Supported

High-stakes peace mission in jeopardy as Trump halts Kushner's Pakistan trip

Claim checked

“BREAKING: President Trump just told me over the phone he has unilaterally cancelled Witkoff and Kushner’s trip to Pakistan to meet with the Iranians. "I've told my people a little while ago they were getting ready to leave, and I said, 'Nope, you're not making an 18 hour”

President Donald Trump has reportedly cancelled a planned diplomatic mission to Pakistan by special envoy Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner. The trip was intended to facilitate peace talks with Iranian officials in Islamabad amid escalating regional tensions and a fragile ceasefire.

Supported

Claim that Trump is sending Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner to Pakistan for Iran talks

Claim checked

“Scoop: Trump is sending his special envoy Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner to Pakistan to participate in talks with Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, two administration officials tell CNN. VP JD Vance is not currently planning to attend given Iran's Speaker of the”

Reports that President Donald Trump is sending special envoy Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner to Pakistan for diplomatic talks with Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi are supported by official White House statements. Mission Details: Witkoff and Kushner are scheduled to depart for Islamabad on Saturday, April 25, 2026, to engage in direct talks mediated by Pakistan....

Supported

Fact Check: Claim about Benjamin Netanyahu's Prostate Cancer Diagnosis

Claim checked

“BREAKING: Benjamin Netanyahu has prostate cancer.”

On April 24, 2026, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu publicly disclosed that he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer and recently completed radiation therapy. While previous medical reports from 2024 and 2025 indicated his prostate issues were benign, this new revelation confirms the discovery of a malignant tumor.

Misleading

Fact Check: Claim of mass poisoning of Basij members in Parand

Claim checked

“Reports from Iran: Over 100 Basij members were hospitalized in Parand, Tehran, after their food was poisoned by an unidentified individual. One Basij member, according to the report died from severe poisoning.”

Reports that over 100 Basij members were hospitalized in Parand, Tehran, due to a mass food poisoning event are misleading. While local authorities confirmed the death of one Basij member from food poisoning, they explicitly denied that any other members were affected or hospitalized. Official Denial: The IRGC (Sepah) in Parand issued a statement clarifying that all other...

Supported

US Strategic Airlift to Middle East via Germany

Claim checked

“Heavy strategic airlift continues into the Middle East, via Germany, with 19 U.S. Air Force C-17A "Globemaster IIIs" visible on flight tracking from @flightradar24 at this time.”

Reports and flight tracking data confirm a significant and ongoing US military airlift operation between Germany and the Middle East in April 2026. Multiple C-17 Globemaster III aircraft have been documented shuttling between German bases and locations in the Gulf and Jordan.

Supported

Trump Orders Navy to 'Shoot and Kill' Boats Laying Mines in Strait of Hormuz

Claim checked

“President Donald J. Trump has posted to his Truth Social account stating that he has ordered the U.S. Navy to "shoot and kill any boat" laying mines in the Strait of Hormuz without hesitation. He goes on to say that minesweepers are actively clearing the Strait right now and that he's ordered that activity to triple.”

On April 23, 2026, President Donald Trump posted a directive on Truth Social ordering the U.S. Navy to use lethal force against any vessels attempting to lay mines in the Strait of Hormuz. He also confirmed that U.S. minesweepers are currently active in the area and ordered their operations to be tripled in intensity.

Unverified

Claim of Trump 'Shoot and Kill' Order in Strait of Hormuz is Unverified

Claim checked

“President Donald J. Trump has posted to his Truth Social account stating that he has ordered the U.S. Navy to "shoot and kill any boat" laying mines in the Strait of Hormuz without hesitation. He goes on to say that minesweepers are actively clearing the Strait right now and that”

While there is a documented military standoff in the Strait of Hormuz involving Iran and the U.S. as of April 2026, the specific claim that President Trump issued a "shoot and kill" order via Truth Social for boats laying mines is not supported by available news reports. Mainstream outlets covering the crisis have not reported such a directive, and some evidence suggests the...

Supported

34 Iran-Linked Tankers Bypassed US Blockade, Generating $910M in Revenue

Claim checked

“At least 34 tankers linked to Iran have bypassed the US blockade since it began, the Financial Times reported, citing cargo tracking group Vortexa. The report said 19 of the vessels exited the Persian Gulf through the blockade, while 15 entered from the Arabian Sea heading toward Iran. Six of the outbound tankers were carrying Iranian crude, with total cargoes of about 10.7 million barrels, it said. Based on an assumed $10 discount to Brent crude, the shipments were estimated to represent...”

Reports from the Financial Times, citing maritime data from Vortexa, indicate that at least 34 tankers linked to Iran have successfully bypassed the U.S. naval blockade since its implementation on April 13, 2026. These movements include 19 vessels exiting the Persian Gulf and 15 entering. Notably, six outbound tankers carried approximately 10.7 million barrels of crude oil,...

Supported

Iran's 2026 Internet Blackout Surpasses 50 Days

Claim checked

“If the regime is so popular in Iran, why have they blocked the internet for over 50 days?”

As of late April 2026, Iran is experiencing its longest nationwide internet blackout on record. Multiple monitors and news outlets confirm that the shutdown, which began on February 28, 2026, has exceeded 50 consecutive days. The blackout followed a period of intense domestic protests and military strikes involving the United States and Israel.

Supported

Ambassador Mike Huckabee Summoned to Washington for Iran Consultations

Claim checked

“#BREAKING: Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee has been recalled to Washington D.C.”

Reports from April 21, 2026, confirm that U.S. Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee was instructed to return to Washington D.C. for urgent consultations at the White House. The recall is linked to high-level discussions regarding the ongoing conflict and ceasefire negotiations involving Iran and Lebanon.

Supported

Ghalibaf Advisor Rejects Trump’s Ceasefire Extension

Claim checked

“UPDATE Ghalibaf adviser Mohammadi rejects Trump’s ceasefire extension, saying it “means nothing” and that the losing side cannot dictate terms. He says maintaining the siege is equivalent to continued bombardment and must be met with a military response. Mohammadi calls the extension “a ploy to buy time for a surprise strike.” “The time for Iran to take the initiative has come.””

Mehdi Mohammadi, an advisor to Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, has publicly rejected U.S. President Donald Trump's proposal to extend a ceasefire. Mohammadi characterized the extension as a "ploy" to prepare for a surprise attack and stated that the ongoing U.S. blockade of Iranian ports is equivalent to active bombardment, necessitating a military...

Supported

Trump Extends Ceasefire with Iran Amid Blockade of Strait of Hormuz

Claim checked

“According to U.S. President Donald J. Trump, he has ordered the U.S. military to hold off on the resumption of strikes against Iran and maintain the blockade of the Strait of Hormuz, saying that due to the fractures within Iran’s top civilian and military command structure, the”

Recent reports confirm that President Donald Trump has ordered the U.S. military to extend a temporary ceasefire with Iran while maintaining a naval blockade in the Strait of Hormuz. This decision comes amid ongoing tensions and reports of internal power struggles within the Iranian leadership.

Unverified

Reports of US Ambassador Mike Huckabee Recalled to Washington

Claim checked

“Amid developments involving Iran, US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee has been called back to Washington for talks at the White House, Israel's Channel 12 reported.”

Social media reports and some regional outlets claim that US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee has been called back to Washington for urgent White House talks regarding Iran. However, official government sources have not confirmed a recall, and recent activity shows the Ambassador remains engaged in his duties in Israel.

Unverified

Kevin Warsh Confirmation Hearing and Alleged $500 Billion Market Wipeout

Claim checked

“CRASH: $500,000,000,000 wiped from the U.S. stock market in just 90 minutes after Kevin Warsh’s statements.”

Social media posts claim that $500 billion was wiped from the U.S. stock market in just 90 minutes following statements by Federal Reserve Chair nominee Kevin Warsh during his Senate confirmation hearing on April 21, 2026. While Warsh did testify on that date, there is no verified financial data in the provided evidence to confirm a market loss of that specific magnitude or...

Supported

Pakistan Awaits Iranian Response as Ceasefire Deadline Approaches

Claim checked

“Pakistan’s Information Minister: Formal response from Iranian side about confirmation of delegation to attend Islamabad Peace Talks is still awaited. Ceasefire ends at 4:50 am PST, 22 April. Decision from Iran to attend the talks before the end of two weeks ceasefire is critical. Pakistan has made sincere efforts to convince the Iranian leadership to participate in the second round of talks and these efforts continue.”

Reports from April 21, 2026, confirm that Pakistan is actively mediating between the U.S. and Iran as a fragile two-week ceasefire nears its expiration. While Pakistan has prepared for a second round of peace talks in Islamabad, Iranian state media and officials have indicated that a formal decision to send a delegation is still pending, citing U.S. naval actions as a breach...

Supported

Pakistan Reports Progress in US-Iran Nuclear Mediation

Claim checked

“Pakistan Reports “Major Breakthrough” On Iran Nuclear Deal”

As of April 16, 2026, Pakistani officials and international media outlets are reporting a "major breakthrough" in diplomatic efforts to resolve the nuclear standoff between the United States and Iran. Pakistan is currently acting as the primary mediator in a conflict that began in February 2026. Key developments include a proposal for third-party monitoring of Iran's nuclear...

Mostly true

Fact-Checking the Crimes of Ilse Koch, the 'Witch of Buchenwald'

Claim checked

“This is Ilse Koch. She was responsible for the death of over 1,000 people - and for the torture and abuse of more than 4,000 children. She was considered one of the most sadistic Nazi war criminals. At Buchenwald, she enforced a regime of terror, punishment, and torture - even”

While Ilse Koch was a convicted Nazi war criminal known for her extreme sadism at the Buchenwald concentration camp, specific figures regarding her responsibility for 1,000 deaths and the torture of 4,000 children are not supported by historical records. Furthermore, the most infamous allegation against her—the creation of lampshades from human skin—was never legally proven.

Supported

President Trump Receives McDonald's DoorDash Delivery at Oval Office

Claim checked

“President Trump had McDonald’s delivered to the Oval Office via DoorDash, right before his presser.”

On April 13, 2026, President Donald Trump received a McDonald's delivery via DoorDash at the doorstep of the Oval Office. The delivery was part of a staged event to celebrate the first anniversary of the "No Tax on Tips" policy, which was passed as part of the "One Big Beautiful Bill."